|Project type:||Erasmus+, TC|
|Sending organisation:||Anka Youth Association, Turkey, www.ankayouthngo.org|
|Certification:||Youthpass, recognized at European level|
“Employability. Young people, your future interests me …” is an Erasmus + training course designed for active youth workers (and who support young people looking for work) who aim to empower young people and the acquisition of skills to improve the vocational guidance of young people through non-formal education.
These are skills such as:
- Skills in problem solving and analysis
- Management and communication skills
- The ability to work in a team
- Language skills
- Digital skills.
- This training explores the theme of employability with the aim of strengthening and broadening the capacity of youth workers to support young people, their entrepreneurial spirit and their employability. We have designed a flexible program and we will be ready to adapt it according to the needs and expectations of the participants; in addition, a space will always be open to participants who want a more active role. The current EU policy frameworks for youth employment revolve around discussions on preparation for 2020, “New Skills for New Jobs” and “Smart Growth”. Created in September 2010, “Youth on the Move” is the latest major initiative of the European Commission in the field of youth policy. It is one of the seven “development projects” of Europe 2020, the EU’s growth strategy for the next decade. The approach revolves around three lines of action:
1) Improve the education and training of youth workers in order to improve the employment
prospects of those who fail in the labor market
2) Facilitate mobility for studies and work
3) Provide a new framework for tackling youth unemployment
The program promotes in particular:
- Non-formal learning
- Awareness of opportunities to study abroad
- Entrepreneurship: as part of this initiative, a micro-finance center will provide support to help young entrepreneurs.
And The specific objectives of the training are:
- Identify the talents of the participants and help them to exploit them so as to strengthen attitudes,
skills and opportunities at the same time;
- Better understand how to create cooperation and actions to strengthen the scenario of young
people through non-formal education and to motivate an autonomous learning process;
- Allow youth workers to gain experience in a specific sector for young people in transformation and who need solutions to avoid their poverty;
- Show the relevance of finding innovative methods and tools to support and help participants
by using a global approach to overcome the obstacles caused by the high unemployment rate in Europe;
- Offer more qualitative opportunities for innovative and future cooperation and projects within the framework of the Erasmus + program.
- Reflect and exchange opinions on unemployment and the entrepreneurship of young people with fewer opportunities in different European countries (trends and influencing factors, specifications of the target group, priorities, etc.).
- Discuss how youth work and non-formal education can have a positive influence on improving the employability and employment of young people and share examples of good practice in entrepreneurship and employment. job fighting youth unemployment.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
The participants are youth workers who already have (or want to develop) good experience in the field of youth employability. Each partner will choose its participants based on their respective
experiences, their motivation to look for a job, the ability to share their knowledge with their counterparts and also the added value they can bring to the organization of the exchange.
- Countries involved
Italy, Turkey, Chypre, Poland, Lettonie, Spain, Germany, France
The working languages of the project will be French and English. A translator and interpreter will be available during the entire duration of the project.
Participation in the training course and the workshops
All the participants are expected to participate fully in all activities, unless you are ill. Unauthorized absence from activities and workshops is not permitted. If less than 80% of the program is attended, it will not be possible to be reimbursed for the international travel costs.
Accommodation and Activity place
Address of Place of Accommodation
Auberge de jeunesse HI Paris Yves Robert,
20 Espl. Nathalie Sarraute,
75018 Paris FRANCE
Activity place :
Maison des Associations
15 Passage Ramey, 75018 Paris
Tél : 00331 42 23 20 20
What to bring with you
For this project, we kindly ask you to prepare in advance these 3 events:
- The presentation of your organization. We demand you to bring clear information about the main activities of your organization, so that you can present it at the organization gallery during the training course.
- The cultural evening. Each country group will have to organize a cultural evening, where you will have to present some elements of your culture, in any way you want (sketch, songs, presentation, game, map, posters, and postcards about your country/ region/town…). You can use PowerPoint or any other visual medium for your presentation, you are totally free!
- The international coffee. This event is a special moment of this project, we will discover each country by some gastronomic specialties (food and/or drinks). You are free to do whatever you want. You can cook a traditional meal such as a starter, a main meal, or a dessert, or you can bring some traditional delights. If you decide to cook, please prevent as before, so we can manage to provide you the tools you will need. The meal that you will prepare has to be a simple one because you will have around 2 hours to cook it. If you want to bring the ingredients you will need, it’s possible, we will have fridge, if need. If it’s not possible, thanks for informing us in advance so we can manage to have time to go shop.
You also need to bring:
✓ Personal hygienic kit and towel set
✓ medicine that you usually take
✓ Your artistic skills! Any talent that you can share with us, which you definitely will need during creativity workshops.
Travel cost and reimbursements
We will refund you based on actual costs incurred and on presentation of:
- Invoice of the plane ticket
- Boarding Pass with the clear mention of the passenger
- All other transportation-related bills
- All refunding procedures will be done after the training project and directly to your sending association, which is the official partner of the project.
- Project timeline:
- Apply here.
- October 2020 – the participants will be required to arrange their travel, with ANKA’s support;
- 5th of November- 13th of November 2020 – the TC takes place;
- Within 7 days after the TC, assuring project visibility and dissemination of results according to https://ankayouthngo.org/index.php/visibility/;
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
- 100% of meals, accommodation, activities costs, materials.
- Transport cost up to 360 EUR per participant (Note: the reimbursement will be done after the project by bank transfer).
Please note that ANKA is not charging a participation fee for this project.
Participants will be required to cover:
- (if needed) medical insurance;
- (if needed) any other personal costs.
What to bring, what to prepare:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes, any medicine you think you will need;
- Prepare to present your organisation at professional level.
- Prepare to present local culture and traditions;
- Please bring traditional food and drinks for the intercultural evening.
Other important information:
- In order to start their travel, Turkish participants should own a valid passport and visa; if needed, visa costs will be covered.
- Arrangements regarding medical insurance are the responsibility of the participants.;
- In order to be eligible, Turkish participants should start their travel from Turkey.
- The selected participants will need to assure the visibility & dissemination of results for this project: https://ankayouthngo.org/index.php/visibility/;
For more information, contact us at email@example.com, subject: Paris Employability Project – Questions”