CALL FOR 2 TURKISH PARTICIPANTS FOR DigiMigrACT TRAINING COURSE
|Project type:||Erasmus+, TC|
|Sending organisation:||Anka Youth Association, Turkey, www.ankayouthngo.org|
|Certification:||Youthpass, recognized at European level|
Our project will unite 26 youth workers from 10 countries through workshops & local visits to
NGOs working with socially excluded minorities to work on migrant’s inclusion and integration
while using nonformal education methodology and digital storytelling. We believe that a project
that unites a consortium of EU Youth Workers working on migration issues with some of them
being “ex-migrants” will permit a well-constructed & productive project where sessions to
develop tools will be enriched by personal experiences rather than assumptions. Also, the use of
digital storytelling will not only help develop tools that will help participants but also help
disseminate and raise awareness on migration related issues. This will help the youth workers
engage their local communities on the migrant’s inclusion subject through their various activities.
The specific objectives of this project are to:
1- Equip 26 youth workers with adequate nonformal education methods and tools that
will facilitate their work with migrants towards social inclusion and integration
2 – Raise the awareness of 26 youth workers about digital storytelling methodology to
enlarge their perception about it and enable them to use digital tools to facilitate the social
inclusion process of youngsters with a migration background.
3 – Create a toolkit that will contain tools and methods that will help youth workers engage
& empower youth with a migration background through the use of digital storytelling.
4- Create a video documentary that shares the success stories of ex-migrants from the
participating countries in order to help break stereotypes linked to migration and also
share good practices related to migrant’s inclusion and integration
As linked to the expected outcomes of KA1(based on the ERASMUS+ Programme), our project will
improve competences, linked to youth workers professional profiles (equip the youth
workers with new working tools but also help them share practices that will help them improve
their work with migrants and their inclusion process)
permit a broader understanding of practices, policies and systems in education, training
or youth work across countries;(understanting the socio-political realities of migration related
laws and how youth workers can adapt their practices in order to adequately adress migrants’
needs from different perspectives)
increase youth workers’ ability to address the needs of the disadvantaged (social
minorities- migrants, NEETS, LGBTQI+, isolated youth, ect.)
- PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
– experienced youth workers– youngsters who have an active citizen engagement– having notions on discrimination, racism, leadership, migration, citizenship– able to follow up after the project for a long continuityYou’ll be hosted at RésidHome Appart Hotel—not far from the city center— in rooms of 2 or 3depending on the residence’s availabilities as at then. Breakfast, lunch and supper will be provided.
- The presentation of your organization. We demand you to bring clear information about the main activities of your organization, so that you can present it at the organization gallery during the training course.
- The cultural evening. Each country group will have to organize a cultural evening, where you will have to present some elements of your culture, in any way you want (sketch, songs, presentation, game, map, posters, and postcards about your country/ region/town…). You can use PowerPoint or any other visual medium for your presentation, you are totally free!
- The international coffee. This event is a special moment of this project, we will discover each country by some gastronomic specialties (food and/or drinks). You are free to do whatever you want. You can cook a traditional meal such as a starter, a main meal, or a dessert, or you can bring some traditional delights. If you decide to cook, please prevent as before, so we can manage to provide you the tools you will need. The meal that you will prepare has to be a simple one because you will have around 2 hours to cook it. If you want to bring the ingredients you will need, it’s possible, we will have fridge, if need. If it’s not possible, thanks for informing us in advance so we can manage to have time to go shop. You also need to bring: ✓ Laptop ✓ Personal hygienic kit and towel set ✓ medicine that you usually take ✓ Your artistic skills! Any talent that you can share with us, which you definitely will need during creativity workshops.
Travel cost and reimbursements We will refund you based on actual costs incurred and on presentation of:
- Invoice of the plane ticket
- Boarding Pass with the clear mention of the passenger
- All other transportation-related bills
- All refunding procedures will be done after the training project and directly to your sending association, which is the official partner of the project.
- Project timeline:
- Apply here.
- Beginning of June 2021 – the participants will be required to arrange their travel, with ANKA’s support;
- 23th of June 2021- 30th of June 2021 – the TC takes place;
- Within 7 days after the TC, assuring project visibility and dissemination of results according to https://ankayouthngo.org/index.php/visibility/;
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
- 100% of meals, accommodation, activities costs, materials.
- Transport cost up to 360 EUR per participant (Note: the reimbursement will be done after the project by bank transfer).
Participants will be required to cover:
- (if needed) medical insurance;
- (if needed) any other personal costs.
What to bring, what to prepare:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes, any medicine you think you will need;
- Prepare to present your organisation at professional level.
- Prepare to present local culture and traditions;
- Please bring traditional food and drinks for the intercultural evening.
Other important information:
- In order to start their travel, Turkish participants should own a valid passport and visa; this project is only open for people who have EU citizenship, or EU Residency. Green passport holders are also encouraged to apply however priority will be given to those having EU citizenship, or EU Residency due to covid 19 pandemic and travel restrictions.
About COVID-19: We can reimburse PCR tests through the remaining travel allowances.
- Arrangements regarding medical insurance are the responsibility of the participants;
- In order to be eligible, Turkish participants should start their travel from Turkey.
- The selected participants will need to assure the visibility & dissemination of results for this project: https://ankayouthngo.org/index.php/visibility/;
For more information, contact us at email@example.com, subject: DigiMigrACT Project – Questions”