|Project type:||Erasmus+, TC|
|Sending organisation:||Anka Youth Association, Turkey, www.ankayouthngo.org|
|Certification:||Youthpass, recognized at European level|
The 21st century has seen the rise of conflicts, whether armed, psychological or of other nature, which inevitably lead to a human rights crisis like never before. Sustainable, lasting peace and security can only be attained when all human rights are fulfilled. Building and maintaining a culture of peace is a shared challenge for humankind. The Santiago Declaration on the Human Right to Peace, adopted in 2010 by The International Congress on the Human Right to Peace recognises individuals, groups, peoples and all humankind as holders of the “inalienable right to a just, sustainable and lasting peace” (Art. 1). The declaration also calls for the right to education “on and for peace and all other human rights” as a component of the right to peace because “education and socialization for peace is a condition sine qua non for unlearning war and building identities disentangled from violence”.
In the light of current critical situations putting peace at risk worldwide, it is important to address the need for peace education and provide youth workers with skills and knowledge on peacebuilding, prevention of conflicts and resolving the occurrence of conflicts in a peaceful way, which they can transfer upon young people in a non-formal and sustainable manner.
T4T in Peace Education will be a Training Course taking place in Uppsala, Sweden, gathering 25 youth workers who are motivated to develop basic trainer skills in peace education. It addresses the following objectives:
Mapping the peace education field in each country, in order to understand the reality and differences between societies
Exploring basic trainer skills, attitudes, competencies and understand groups, how to interact with them and the relationship between the group and trainer in a variety of settings
Designing a collection of peace education activities for children and young people, based on the notions of prevention and resolution of all forms of conflict and violence, whether overt or structural, from the interpersonal level to the societal level
Enfоrcing the Eurоpean cooperation between оrganizatiоns active in the yоuth field within Erasmus+ cоntext
- Empowering youth workers with trainer skills in peace education;
- Creating a collection of activities in peace education for young people;
- Facilitating future collaboration between organisations in the peace education field;
- Organizing at least 1 follow-up activity in each participating country, reaching 220 young people
Insurance, and COVID measures
It is mandatory to have the European Health Card, or private insurance for non-EU residents before arriving in Sweden.
In case the participant is not vaccinated, it’s mandatory to be tested within
48 hours before the arrival to Sweden. Any testing costs are not subject to reimbursement. The price for the antigen test in Sweden costs around 50€.
The participant also needs to fully respect the health protocol imposed by the authorities at the time of the training course and the safety measures that apply to group events. These safety measures will be introduced on arrival at the venue.
The project is funded by Erasmus+, allowing to cover travel, accommodation and meals for the participants. There’s a contribution fee of 40€ which will be deducted from the travel costs, except for the Swedish participants. The participants are invited to use the cheapest means of transportation, and the participants would be given the most suitable itineraries to reach the venue, in terms of cost and time.
We have received a prefinancing of 40% of the project budget, as soon as the remaining will be transferred by the National Agency, we will proceed with the reimbursement. This process may take up to 3 months.
Sweden, Croatia, Spain, Romania, Cyprus, France, Lithuania, Malta, Turkey, Czech Republic, Portugal
Accommodation and transportation
The participants will be accommodated in Botanika hostel in Uppsala in 6-bed rooms. The session and the breakfast will take place in the same hostel, and the other meals will be served in nearby restaurants.
It’s possible to arrive via 2 airports:
- Arlanda airport has a direct connection with a commuter train of 18 minutes to Uppsala.
- Skavsta airport has a direct connection to Stockholm by bus (1h15), and then a train between Stockholm and Uppsala (around 50min).
Our hostel is a 13min walk away from the Uppsala Centralstation.
Exact details about reaching Uppsala will be communicated one week before the training course.
It is possible to stay up to 2 days in total outside of the scheduled travel days of 6 and 14 December.
In such a case, the responsibility of the stay is completely incumbent on the participant.
Also, in case of arriving earlier than the 6th at Arlanda airport, we won’t reimburse the ticket Arlanda airport – Stockholm ticket. Similarly, if staying beyond the 14th, we won’t reimburse the ticket Uppsala – Stockholm.
Any travel option needs to be validated in advance before the booking.
What to bring with you For this project, we kindly ask you to prepare in advance these 3 events:
- The presentation of your organization. We demand you to bring clear information about the main activities of your organization so that you can present it at the organization gallery during the training course.
- The cultural evening. Each country group will have to organize a cultural evening, where you will have to present some elements of your culture, in any way you want (sketch, songs, presentation, game, map, posters, and postcards about your country/ region/town…). You can use PowerPoint or any other visual medium for your presentation, you are totally free!
- The international coffee. This event is a special moment of this project, we will discover each country by some gastronomic specialities (food and/or drinks). You are free to do whatever you want. You can cook a traditional meal such as a starter, a main meal, or a dessert, or you can bring some traditional delights. You also need to bring: ✓ Laptop ✓ Personal hygienic kit and towel set ✓ medicine that you usually take ✓ Your artistic skills! Any talent that you can share with us, which you definitely will need during creativity workshops.
Travel cost and reimbursements We will refund you based on actual costs incurred and on the presentation of:
- Invoice of the plane ticket
- Boarding Pass with the clear mention of the passenger
- All other transportation-related bills
- All refunding procedures will be done after the training project and directly to your sending association, which is the official partner of the project.
- Project timeline:
- Apply here.
- Middle of November 2021 – the participants will be required to arrange their travel, with ANKA’s support; NOTE FOR THIS PROJECT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO BUY YOUR TICKETS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE SELECTION DONE.
- 6th of December 2021- 14th of December 2021 – the TC takes place;
- Within 7 days after the TC, assuring project visibility and dissemination of results according to https://ankayouthngo.org/index.php/visibility/;
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
- 100% of meals, accommodation, activities costs, materials.
- Transport cost based on Erasmus+ rules per participant (Note: the reimbursement will be done after the project by bank transfer).
Participants will be required to cover:
- (if needed) medical insurance;
- (if needed) Covid Test
- (if needed) any other personal costs.
What to bring, what to prepare:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes, any medicine you think you will need;
- Prepare to present your organisation at a professional level.
- Prepare to present local culture and traditions;
- Please bring traditional food and drinks for the intercultural evening.
Other important information:
- In order to start their travel, Turkish participants should own a valid passport and visa or Green passport; this project is only open for people who have EU citizenship, EU Residency or Green passport (service). For this project participants are expected to buy their travel tickets after the selection process, please take this into consideration.
- Arrangements regarding medical insurance are the responsibility of the participants;
- In order to be eligible, Turkish participants should start their travel from Turkey.
- The selected participants will need to assure the visibility & dissemination of results for this project: https://ankayouthngo.org/index.php/visibility/;
- Deadline to apply: 10 November 2021
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: T4T Project – Questions”