|Project type:||Erasmus+, Training Course|
|Participants:||3 participants (+18)|
|Sending organization:||Anka Youth Association, Turkey, www.ankayouthngo.org|
|Certification:||Youthpass, recognized at the European level|
“Learning Balloon” is a project partnership built on the same need, which is to enhance competencies of youth leaders and youth workers in the field of non-formal education.
- Deeply understand non-formal education and life-long learning, its characteristics and purpose in the intercultural dimension;
- Develop the capacity and professionalism of youth workers and youth leaders in the field of the NFE which leads to civic engagement and responsible citizenship;
- Promote European cooperation in the field of youth and create equal opportunities for their education through intercultural sharing and exchange of good practices.
ARRIVAL DAY: July 24th 2022
WORKING DAYS: from 25th till 31st July 2022 (Monday to Sunday)
DEPARTURE DAY: August 1st 2022
IMPORTANT NOTICE: You can either come to Croatia earlier or stay longer up to two (2) days at your own expense, but keep in mind to inform us about your plans earlier. If you decide to stay longer, we do not guarantee to refund your travel expenses.
The student dormitory building is located in the old town of Karlovac and is a monument of zero category. Student dormitory Karlovac is a mixed dormitory, with a capacity to accommodate 152 students. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwCF8_kwzk)
We will have breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as coffee breaks organized outside the dormitory. Dietary needs will be taken into consideration. Please be sure to notify us if you have any special dietary requirements such as allergies, vegetarianism, food intolerance, hallal or kosher etc. If you contact us early we can make sure we think of everything.
Karlovac is a city and municipality in central Croatia. Karlovac loves its visitors. This has been a part of our genetic code. For centuries, this has been the place of encounters, the meeting point of people, rivers, and roads.
Karlovac is a town of waters. And that’s it. It is its main topic and it is the omnipresent theme. We have four rivers (Korana, Kupa, Mrežnica, and Dobra), with all the fish, frogs, and mermaids. The rivers have numerous waterfalls and cascades, and each is very clean and excellent for swimming! Karlovac is a city built and thought out taking full advantage of its surroundings: In green valleys of four rivers, beneath the Dubovac old town, filled with hundred-year-old parks and promenades, bicycling routes, deeply rooted in traditions of culture, sports, trades, and commerce. Situated at the crossroads of the most important Croatian and European highways and in extreme vicinity to the two bordering countries – Slovenia and Bosnia & Herzegovina, Karlovac holds great potential. In Karlovac, if someone invites you to “go for a coffee” more often it implies “let’s go for a beer”. Another of the city’s nicknames should be “the city of beer”! One of the two most popular national beer brands has been brewed by Karlovac Brewery.
There will be 27 participants and two trainers from receiving organisation. Participants areexpected to be youth workers of age (18+) with no upper age limit, from partnerorganizations, their employees, members, associates or volunteers. It is our goal to includeyoung unemployed people that are active participants in their own communities who, afterthe training, will be able and eager to implement learned methods and tools as a skill for(volunteer) work in a partner organisations in their communities and thus gain additionalexperience, new skills and increase their own employment opportunities.
The food and accommodation will be provided and paid by the organizers during the project.In other words, you could use some pocket money aside. The organizers will reimburse yourtravel costs from your home city to Karlovac. Organizers will reimburse 100% of eligible travelcosts up to the limit. Reimbursement of travel costs will only be done upon full attendance inthe project and presentation of the original tickets with boarding passes and receipt/invoices.Missing tickets cannot be reimbursed.
Travels costs will be reimbursed through the sending organizations by bank transfer after thetraining course. All participants have to bring/send the necessary documents (tickets,boarding pass, invoices, receipts etc.), but after participants with the support of partnerorganisations have completed dissemination activities and filled out final reports!
There will be one intercultural evening , where participants can introduce their country, customs, values, tradition and culture. We encourage you to introduce dances, sing songs, challenge yourselves and everyone else – go beyond a simple presentation!
Please, do not bring food that needs preparement/cooking!
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
- 100% of meals, accommodation, activities costs, materials.
- Transport cost based on Erasmus+ rules will be provided up to 275 euros; also visa costs to be payed. (Note: the reimbursement will be done after the project by bank transfer to Anka Youth Association).
- (if needed) Covid Test will be paid in the amount of 275 Euros travel limit as well.
Participants will be required to cover:
- (if needed) medical insurance;
- (if needed) any other personal costs.
What to bring, what to prepare:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes, any medicine you think you will need;
- Prepare to present your organization at a professional level.
- Prepare to present local culture and traditions;
- Please bring traditional food and drinks for the intercultural evening.
Other important information:
- In order to start their travel, Turkish participants should own a valid passport.
- Arrangements regarding medical insurance are the responsibility of the participants;
- In order to be eligible, Turkish participants should start their travel from Turkey.
- The selected participants will need to assure the visibility & dissemination of results for this project: https://ankayouthngo.org/index.php/visibility/;
- Deadline to apply: 30 May 2022, please note that the applications can close before the deadline based on the relevance of the applicants.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Learning Balloon Project –Questions”