|Dates of the Project||26 September 2021 – 4 October 2021|
|Project type:||Erasmus+, TC|
|Venue:||Noisy le Grand-Paris-France|
|Sending organisation:||Anka Youth Association, Turkey, www.ankayouthngo.org|
|Certification:||Youthpass, recognized at European level|
Cultural diversity constitutes the richness of European societies; the number of minority com-
munities and groups present in the different countries reflects this. Whether national, religious,
ethnic, social or cultural, minorities are an important asset for an intercultural Europe.
However, this diversity does not always go hand in hand with social cohesion and cooperation,
which are prerequisites for equal rights and opportunities. Discrimination practices remain a
problem in many societies, as does poverty and social exclusion. Young people, especially
those from minority groups and those living in highly multicultural environments, are important
vectors for promoting social change in this area. They are often stigmatized and excluded, but
they are also instrumental in shaping the future of their communities.
Faced with the rise of nationalism and the withdrawal of identity, while on the other hand, the
history of societies has always been linked and enriched by that of migration, it seemed essential
to us, as our partners, to deal more explore the issue of diversity in two ways:
– diversity management by youth professionals in their daily work (leaders, young leaders, etc.)
– working with young people around diversity and intercultural encounters to help them appre-
ciate diversity and thus promote soft skills essential both for community life and the socio-
professional integration of young people (e.g. cooperating despite differences, knowing how to
draw the positive from each situation, optimizing the different strengths of each, listening skills,
arguing while respecting, agreeing to disagree etc.).
This is why, with 6 other European partners, Association Coeur d’Afrique and Elsewhere
wishes to embark on the organization of training on the theme of diversity management. It will
take place in the Noisy-le-Grand from 26th of September to 4th of October 2021 with the partic-
ipation of 29 participants.
This training aims to bring together both youth professionals but also young people with fewer
opportunities to raise awareness of diversity and equip them for a more effective and positive
consideration of this dimension, either in their work with very different young people in their
daily lives. We want this training to be an opportunity for participants to learn from each other.
This is why we wanted to put at the heart of this project both professionals and young people
to have a broader vision of the realities of each actor, blockages and possible solutions.
Some differences are more obvious than others – such as ethnicity, religion, or language. Di-
versity, however, is more than the obvious differences, but it also includes differences such as
level of education, social and economic situation, sexuality, health and hidden or visible disa-
The participants will also learn to transmit what they have learned during the training to the
young people with whom they work or even to become, for the young participants themselves,
peer educators or initiators of ideas related to the theme.
Travel cost and reimbursements We will refund you based on actual costs incurred and on the presentation of:
- Invoice of the plane ticket
- Boarding Pass with the clear mention of the passenger
- All other transportation-related bills
- All refunding procedures will be done after the training project and directly to your sending association, which is the official partner of the project.
- Project timeline:
- Apply here.
- August 2021 – the participants will be required to arrange their travel, with ANKA’s support;
- Within 7 days after the TC, assuring project visibility and dissemination of results according to https://ankayouthngo.org/index.php/visibility/;
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
- 100% of meals, accommodation, activities costs, materials.
- Transport cost up to 360 EUR will be reimbursed to the participants after the project.
Participants will be required to cover:
- (if needed) medical insurance;
- (if needed) any other personal costs.
What to bring, what to prepare:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes, any medicine you think you will need;
- Prepare to present your organisation at a professional level.
- Prepare to present local culture and traditions;
- Please bring traditional food and drinks for the intercultural evening.
Other important information:
- In order to start your travel, Turkish participants should own a valid passport and visa.
- Arrangements regarding medical insurance are the responsibility of the participants;
- In order to be eligible, Turkish participants should start their travel from Turkey.
- The selected participants will need to assure the visibility & dissemination of results for this project: https://ankayouthngo.org/index.php/visibility/;
For more information, contact us at email@example.com, subject: Entre Ruralities Project – Questions”