|Project type:||Erasmus+, Youth Exchange|
|Participants:||6 participants (18-25) + 1 Group Leader (+18)|
|Sending organization:||Anka Youth Association, Turkey, www.ankayouthngo.org|
|Certification:||Youthpass, recognized at the European level|
The aim of the project is to change the behavior of young people by creating a healthy and clean environment, developing environmentally friendly habits, to achieve an ecological and sustainable lifestyle.
- To increase awareness of environmental pollution and its impact on the environment;
- To identify the most common negative consequences of human habits related to the environment and to find ways to combat it;
- To promote ecologically sustainable behavior;
- To develop creativity and self-expression;
5.To prepare an educational tool – a digital publication on the pollution damage to nature
Basic English language skills are necessary.
Participants: 18-25 y.o.
Each national group have to include 2 participants with fewer opportunities (geographical, economic, social difficulties)
Each national group will consist of 7 participants (6 youngsters + 1 leader). In total: 42 participants
Accommodation, food, and planned activities will be covered by the project budget.
Unit costs of your travel expenses will be covered by the organizers with the support of the ERASMUS+ program. For Turkish participants, max of 275 Euros will be covered.
Reimbursement of travel costs will only be done upon full attendance in the program.
In order to receive this money for transportation, please keep ALL original invoices, tickets, boarding passes, or any other transport documents.
The travel costs will be reimbursed via bank transfer to your sending organization, Anka Youth Association.
It is possible to come to Lithuania several days earlier or leave several days later after the end of the project. In this case, you will have to cover any extra costs for accommodation and food.
Renavas is a village in Mažeikiai District, Lithuania. It is located on the left bank of the Varduva river. The village is known for its 16th- century manor.
The participants will be accommodated and the activities will take place at the Guesthouse of Education Center.
Address: Renavo st. 35, Vadagiai, Mazeikiai district.
Before You Go:
- Make sure your passport is valid for 6 months counting from the departure
- Participants from the European Economic Area (EEA) do not need to fill in a Passenger Questionnaire and do not need testing for COVID-19, even if the person has not been vaccinated or recovered from COVID-19 disease.
- We strongly recommend you purchase travels insurance;
(cannot be covered by the project budget).
You can check all current restrictions concerning entering Lithuania here:
Need to Know:
“Lithuania has banned alcohol advertising and raised the legal drinking age to 20 from 18 as part of efforts to curb consumption in one of the world’s hardest-drinking nations” since January 1st, 2018. (https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2017/0601/879701-lithuania-drinking/).
Smoking – only outside. No smoking inside. Smoking in Lithuania is allowed from 18 years old.
Energy drinks – in 2014, Lithuania became the first country in the EU to ban the selling of energy drinks to anyone under the age of 18. (https://www.businessinsider.com/lithuania-bans-energy-drinks-for-minors- 2014-11).
Insurance. It is the participant’s responsibility to have travel health insurance or a European Health Card (EU countries). The European Health Card is accepted in every country within the European Union, can be obtained for free, and is valid for 1 year. Any other insurance is welcome, however, organizers do not cover insurance costs.
What to Bring:
Necessary documents, such as passports, travel documents, etc.
Personal care products, such as shower gel, shampoo, comb, etc.
Any medication you will need during your stay.
Comfortable clothes and shoes (please check the weather forecast before packing your luggage).
Slippers (if wanted – for the activities‘ time inside).
Typical taste (food, sweets, snacks,…) of your country for the cultural evening.
Earplugs if you are sensitive to noise. You will be sharing a room with other people, so you may want to take it if you are sensitive to noise.
Cameras, laptops, and other equipment make life and work easier. At least one person per national group is recommended to BRING THE COMPUTER. Also, to have some video editing app on the phone or the computer.
Joy and lots of positive energy! Endless amounts of good mood and motivation for work and leisure! Positive attitude, desire to learn, and meet cool new people!
We encourage participants to be an active part of this project, embrace responsibility and enjoy the cultural side of this experience!
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
- 100% of meals, accommodation, activities costs, materials.
- Transport cost based on Erasmus+ rules will be provided (Note: the reimbursement will be done after the project by bank transfer to Anka Youth Association).
- Visa costs will be paid in the maximum amount of travel budget.
Participants will be required to cover:
- (if needed) medical insurance;
- (if needed) Covid Test
- (if needed) any other personal costs.
What to bring, what to prepare:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes, any medicine you think you will need;
- Prepare to present your organization at a professional level.
- Prepare to present local culture and traditions;
- Please bring traditional food and drinks for the intercultural evening.
Other important information:
- In order to start their travel, Turkish participants should own a valid passport and visa or EU citizenship, EU Residency, Green passport (service). For this project visa expenses will be paid in the limit of travel expenses for the participants with regular passport.
- Arrangements regarding medical insurance are the responsibility of the participants;
- In order to be eligible, Turkish participants should start their travel from Turkey.
- The selected participants will need to assure the visibility & dissemination of results for this project: https://ankayouthngo.org/index.php/visibility/;
- Deadline to apply: 12 March 2022, please note that the applications can close before the deadline based on the relevance of the applicants.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Mission Less Waste Project – Questions”