|Project type:||Erasmus+, TC|
|Participants:||4 participants (18+)|
|Sending organisation:||Anka Youth Association, Turkey, www.ankayouthngo.org|
|Certification:||Youthpass, recognized at European level|
Training on improving youth work tools and methods on fighting against online and offline hate speech and hate crime towards minorities including Roma, refugee and migrant young people.
Themes of the training:
To address hate speech and hate crime strongly present in communities and countries all around Europe towards especially minorities including Roma, refugees and migrants. Hate speech and hate crime can have devastating impact on young people self-confidence, self-believe and health thus it is important to address it and fight it.
The overall aim of the training is to improve intercultural competences of youth workers for being capable to invent and implement youth work methods and tools on preventing and dealing with online and offline hate speech and hate crime among young people especially towards minorities, including Roma, refugees and migrants young people.
Learning objectives of the training are:
– To deeper understanding of the participants and participating organizations on the roots, forms and consequences of hate speech, especially on the link between hate speech and hate crime;
– To increase competences of the participants and participating organizations to address offline and online hate speech in their communities and contribute to breaking stereotypes, prejudices, discrimination and racism that are facing various groups in participating countries, especially minorities including refugees and migrants;
– To develop competences of the participants and participating organizations to create and launch campaigns, awareness raising actions fighting the roots of hate speech and hate crime and fighting discrimination and racism;
– To strengthen competences of the participants to effectively use various media, including social one, as tools for awareness raising on the issue of online and offline hate speech and hate crime;
– To develop communication, teamwork, leaderships skills of the participants in intercultural settings;
– To support creating new contacts among the participants and their organizations and developing new projects ideas that could be implemented with support of Erasmus+ Programme.
The methodology of the training:
Generally, the working methods will be rather non-formal and participative. The training will be implemented on-line using Zoom platform and also other platforms such as Mentipad, Jamboard, Padlet, Wallboard, etc.
Who can participate in the training:
– Youth workers, youth leaders, social workers, psychologist, teachers older than 18 and directly working with young people with fewer opportunities general and especially young people with minorities, Roma, refugees and migrants background;
– Ready to take part in the whole training;
– Having at least one international youth work experience within Erasmus+ programme,
– Have organizational support for further activities;
– To be able to communicate English language.
Partner organizations: Associazione Giovani in Europa– Italy, YOPA – Hungary, YES – Young Educational Spirit– Greece, Beat Bazaar– UK, T2EU – Spain, Youth Opportunities Union– Bulgaria, ANKA Youth Association-Turkey, Association for multicultural integration, ” Inclusion”- Republic of North Macedonia, Meraki- Croatia
The Youth Cooperation Council of the Odorhei Province (Udvarhelyszéki Ifjúsági Egyeztető Tanács) is a Non-governmental Organization located in Odorheiu Secuiesc. The mission of the NGO is to train and educate young people’s skills by different activities and projects, linked to everyday life and self-knowledge topics. For instance we organize events, like first aid presentation (by which 500 students improved their skills), music talent show (for young music bands), debate club with 24 high school participants, volunteers’ fair with 11 NGOs for more than 650 interested persons or Save the Earth (by which we promoted the eco-friendly thinking). We also emphasis the minority – majority relationship by different multicultural shows and by our volunteers attending to youth occasions. The NGO’s vision is to create and show the possibilities in homeland and in abroad as well, by which youngsters may deal with in the future.
The working language of the Training Course will be English.
Participation in the Training Course and the workshops
The course will be held in English. Sessions will be held online via Zoom face-to-face meetings technology, and individual/group tasks to be done in between those sessions using such online tools as padlet, mentimeter and others.
You also need to be aware to have:
- Internet connection
- Apply here.
- The timetable of the course is:
8-19th January 2021
11:00 – 14:00 (GMT) UK
12:00 – 15:00 (GMT +1) Spain, Hungary, Italy, Croatia, Republic of North Macedonia
13:00 – 16:00 (GMT +2) Greece, Romania, Bulgaria
14:00 – 17:00 (GMT +3) Turkey
Online sessions (extra tasks, to be done individually/in groups between the common Zoom sessions). In some evenings optional on-line or offline programs
- Within 7 days after the TC, assuring project visibility and dissemination of results according to https://ankayouthngo.org/index.php/visibility/;
Please note that ANKA is not charging a participation fee for this project.
Participants will be required to cover:
- (if needed) any other personal costs.
Other important information:
- The selected participants will need to assure the visibility & dissemination of results for this project: https://ankayouthngo.org/index.php/visibility/;
- Deadline for applications: 30/12/2020
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Not in My Name Project – Questions”