|3 participants (18+)
|Anka Youth Association, Turkey, www.ankayouthngo.org
|Youthpass, recognized at European level
Cultural diversity constitutes the richness of European societies; the number of minority com- munities and groups present in the different countries reflects this. Whether national, religious, ethnic, social or cultural, minorities are an important asset for an intercultural Europe.
However, this diversity does not always go hand in hand with social cohesion and cooperation, which are prerequisites for equal rights and opportunities. Discrimination practices remain a problem in many societies, as does poverty and social exclusion. Young people, especially those from minority groups and those living in highly multicultural environments, are important vectors for promoting social change in this area. They are often stigmatized and excluded, but they are also instrumental in shaping the future of their communities.
Faced with the rise of nationalism and the withdrawal of identity, while on the other hand, the history of societies has always been linked and enriched by that of migration, it seemed essential to us, as our partners, to deal more explore the issue of diversity in two ways:
- diversity management by youth professionals in their daily work (leaders, young leaders, etc.)
- working with young people around diversity and intercultural encounters to help them appre- ciate diversity and thus promote soft skills essential both for community life and the socio- professional integration of young people (e.g. cooperating despite differences, knowing how to draw the positive from each situation, optimizing the different strengths of each, listening skills, arguing while respecting, agreeing to disagree etc.).
This is why, with 6 other European partners, Association Coeur d’Afrique and Elsewhere wishes to embark on the organization of training on the theme of diversity management. It will take place in the Noisy-le-Grand from 5 to 13 October 2020 with the participation of 29 partic- ipants.
This training aims to bring together both youth professionals but also young people with fewer opportunities to raise awareness of diversity and equip them for a more effective and positive consideration of this dimension, either in their work with very different young people in their daily lives. We want this training to be an opportunity for participants to learn from each other. This is why we wanted to put at the heart of this project both professionals and young people to have a broader vision of the realities of each actor, blockages and possible solutions.
Some differences are more obvious than others – such as ethnicity, religion, or language. Di- versity, however, is more than the obvious differences, but it also includes differences such as level of education, social and economic situation, sexuality, health and hidden or visible disa- bilities.
The participants will also learn to transmit what they have learned during the training to the young people with whom they work or even to become, for the young participants themselves, peer educators or initiators of ideas related to the theme.
France, Lituanie, Spain, Bulgaria, Italy, Roumanie and Turkey
The working languages of the Training Course will be French and English. A translator and interpreter will be available during the entire duration of the project.
Participation in the Training Course and the workshops
All the participants are expected to participate fully in all activities, unless you are ill. Unau-
thorized absence from activities and workshops is not permitted.
The workshops are done and run, so that all the participants will be able to share their point of view. We expect you to be very participative and involved in the Youth Exchange and with the subject.
If less than 80% of the program is attended, it will not be possible to be reimbursed for the international travel costs.
The workshops are done by groups, depending on theme of the workshop, the groups can be mixed or not.
We film and photograph all the activities and workshops. These images are for the own use of Coeur d’Afrique et d’Ailleurs association. If you have any problem with it, don’t hesitate to tell us, and we will manage to not film or photograph you.
Accommodation and Activity place
Address of Place of Accommodation
Hotel Ibis Marne la Vallée Noisy le Grand:
4, ALL Bienvenue, 93160 Noisy Le Grand Téléphone: +33 1 43 05 20 20
Maison des Associations de Noisy-le-Grand 111 Piazza Mont d’Est 93160 Noisy-le-grand
Food and Needs
The participants will be provided with three meal. You will take your breakfast at the hotel. Coeur d’Afrique et d’Ailleurs Association team will be in charge of lunch and dinner, as well as coffee breaks. Lunch and dinner will be delivery every day by our team at the time defined for it. For any food special needs, allergies or diet, thank you to mention it on the application form that you receive.
Some daily tasks as the dish wash will be carried out by the participants. This task will be done by groups of 3 people, changing every day. The goal is to make of this moment a time of ex- change and share. If this organisation doesn’t suit, you can talk to us, we will find another solution. A schedule will be propose and display in the activity room.
What to bring with you
For the Training Course, we kindly ask you to prepare in advance these 3 events:
- The presentation of your organization. We demand you to bring clear information about the main activities of your organization, so that you can present it at the organi- zation gallery during the training course.
- The cultural evening. Each country group will have to organize a cultural evening, where you will have to present some elements of your culture, in any way you want (sketch, songs, presentation, game, map, posters, and postcards about your country/re- gion/town…). You can use PowerPoint or any other visual medium for your presenta- tion, you are totally free!
- The international coffee. This event is a special moment of the Training Course, we will discover each country by some gastronomic specialties (food and/or drinks). You are free to do whatever you want. You can cook a traditional meal such as a starter, a main meal, or a dessert, or you can bring some traditional delights.
If you decide to cook, please prevent as before, so we can manage to provide you the tools you will need. The meal that you will prepare has to be a simple one because you will have around 2 hours to cook it. If you want to bring the ingredients you will need, it’s possible, we will have fridge, if need. If it’s not possible, thanks for informing us in advance so we can manage to have time to go shop.
You also need to bring:
- Personal hygienic kit and towel set
- medicine that you usually take
- Your artistic skills! Any talent that you can share with us, which you definitely will need during creativity workshops.
Early arrivals (1 or 2 days before the beginning of the project), or late departures (1 or 2 days after the project) will be the own responsibility of the participants. So all the participants have to be at the Training Course location on the first day morning, and left it on the last day dur- ing the day.
So, if you want to stay few days longer, before or after the Training Course, we will not be able to host you at the Youth Exchange location. So, you will have to find a place to stay at your own, and all your cost during these days will be yours to pay. If you have difficulties with it, contact us, we can give you some information.
- Apply here.
- September 2020 – the participants will be required to arrange their travel, with ANKA’s support;
- 5th of October- 13th of November 2020 – the TC takes place;
- Within 7 days after the TC, assuring project visibility and dissemination of results according to https://ankayouthngo.org/index.php/visibility/;
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
- 100% of meals, accommodation, activities costs, materials.
- Transport costs up to 360 EUR per participant (Note: the reimbursement will be done after the project by bank transfer).
Please note that ANKA is not charging a participation fee for this project.
Participants will be required to cover:
- (if needed) medical insurance;
- (if needed) any other personal costs.
What to bring, what to prepare:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes, any medicine you think you will need;
- Prepare to present your organization at a professional level.
- Prepare to present local culture and traditions;
- Please bring traditional food and drinks for the intercultural evening.
Other important information:
- In order to start their travel, Turkish participants should own a valid passport and visa; if needed, visa costs will be covered.
- Arrangements regarding medical insurance are the responsibility of the participants.;
- In order to be eligible, Turkish participants should start their travel from Turkey.
- The selected participants will need to assure the visibility & dissemination of results for this project: https://ankayouthngo.org/index.php/visibility/;
For more information, contact us at email@example.com, subject: Paris Objective Diversity Project – Questions”
Important Notice: Due to Covid19 Pandemic, all precautions will be taken into consideration. Also, participant selections could proceed with respect to pandemic travel regulations. In the case of any change for the project, further announcements will be made by Anka Youth Association.